A Canadian Ultralight pilot permit is a great way to experience the thrill of flight without breaking the bank. It cost about $150 for each one hour lesson. You can save a lot by training in your own Ultralight aircraft but that would require making a hughe investment of buy an airplane.
Canadian ultralight permit requirements:
- Be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age
- hold a validmedical certificate, category 4 for an Ultra-Light Pilot Permit or a higher category. If you are planning to to get a Ultra-Light instructor rating then its recommended that you obtain the medical category 3 required prior to commencing training
- have completed ultra-light aeroplane ground school, the is usually two full days (Saturday and Sunday) at the local airport.
- obtained a minimum of 90% on the ultralight pilot permit written examination
- a minimum of 5 hours dual instruction flight time and 2 hours solo flight time, and
- a minimum of 30 takeoffs and landings, including a minimum of 10 as sole occupant.
It is very hard for a beginner to get their license in the minimum time.